If you aim to speak at the Game Developers Conference next year, better hurry — time is running out to submit your talk! GDC 2018 organizers will be accepting submissions to present lectures, roundtables, panels, posters and tutorials through Thursday, August 17th.
Happening March 19-23 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco next year, GDC 2018 will once again play host to thousands of game developers from all around the world for a week of learning, networking and inspiration.
This will be the 32nd edition of GDC, and organizers want to make sure you have all the info you need if you’re thinking about pitching a talk that would fit well into the event’s Business & Marketing track of talks. If you are, these are the areas that organizers are especially interested to hear pitches on:
Key Software Platforms of Today & Tomorrow
- Platform analyses and cases studies including real data
- Development and marketing budget planning for new platforms
Marketing & User Acquisition
- Innovative marketing strategies including social, influencer, search & discovery optimization
- Community management, customer service, and open development
- User acquisition techniques, including real data
- Impact of marketing, live ops and on-going development on the wider business
- Crowdfunding, presales, ICO’s, and traditional options like VC, project financing, and publisher financing
- Building culture, setting goals, developing talent
- Working with streamers, and building games for streaming
- Data on streamers impact on revenue, retention
- How to monetize streaming of your game
- VR and ARVR platform analyses with real data
- AR / Mixed Reality platform opportunities
- Building a game for esports, or developing your esports scene
- Revenue opportunities in esports
Also, those interested in submitting for any of the GDC Summits (AI, Community Management, Game Narrative, GDC Education, GDC Mobile, Indie or UX) or VRDC@GDC (all of which take place on the Monday & Tuesday of the event) or Friday’s Game Career Seminar should know that the call for submissions will open later: August 28 through September 29, 2017.