Paris Game Developers Conference 08 (Paris GDC) has published its roster of featured speakers and sessions. The second French edition of the Game Developers Conference, the premier event for developers and publishers in the videogame industry, is scheduled for June 23-24 at the Coeur DÃ©fense Convention Centre in Paris. More than 50 sessions designed for developers looking to expand their expertise, network, and learn from their peers will be presented by industry experts and thought leaders at Paris GDC 08.
Highlighted sessions from the call for papers include:
- The Right Tools for the Write Job, by Mac Walters, Bioware
- Your Music Is the Game: Designing PHASE, the Other Project at Harmonix, by Chris Foster, Harmonix Music Systems
- The Free to Play Revolution, by Howard Marks, Acclaim
- Tackling High Level, Scalable Physics for Next Generation Game Engines, by Adam Moravanszky, NVIDIA
â€œItâ€™s a very exciting time right now in the game industry, as developers are creating blockbuster hits for both the core market and for those who donâ€™t call themselves gamers,â€ said Jamil Moledina, Executive Director, Game Developers Conference Events. â€œThis cross-section of the sessions we intend to field in Paris should provide a taste of the range of global breakthroughs that are driving European development today.â€
Sessions were selected by the Paris GDC advisory board, composed of international experts of the game industry, as well as the event organizers Think Services and Connection Events.
The advisory board is composed of the following members:
– Viktor ANTONOV, Art Director and Founder, The Building Design Studio
– Paulina BOZEK, Game Director & Executive Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
– Risa COHEN, Independent Producer
– FranÃ§ois COULON, Development Director, Pyro Studios
– Pierre DELTOUR, CTO, Widescreen Games
– Chris KINGSLEY, CTO, Rebellion
– Julien MERCERON, Worldwide CTO, Eidos
– Philippe PAQUET, Technical Director, Vivendi
– Renaud PERSON, Level Manager, Ubisoft
– Patrick PLIGERSDORFFER, CEO, Cyanide
– Eric VIENNOT, CEO, Lexis Numerique
– Avni YERLI, Managing Director, Crytek
“We are committed to presenting the most relevant content and to featuring the most cutting edge international developers for Paris GDC. Based on the quality of the sessions we have selected so far, we know this goal will be realized.” says Pierre Carde, Executive Director, Paris GDC
Additional speakers and keynotes will be added in the coming weeks. Visit the Paris GDC website at www.parisgdc.com to see the complete list of confirmed sessions.
The event is supported by the key French agencies promoting industry competitiveness: cap digital and Imaginove, whose main objective is to facilitate collaboration between research labs and the industry. Paris GDC is also happy to welcome its newest sponsor, Enzyme Testing Labsâ„¢.
Videogame professionals who wish to take advantage of the Super Early Bird Rate and save 50% on their pass have until April 23rd to register online at www.parisgdc.com.