The popular Smartphone & Tablet Games Summit at GDC is now the Mobile Summit, and now organizers of the 2017 Game Developers Conference are calling for great talk submissions!
We’re now accepting Mobile Summit talk submissions through this Friday, September 23rd — so submit your idea now, because the deadline is coming up fast!
The Mobile Summit at GDC brings together top game developers from around the world to share ideas, discuss best practices, and consider the future of gaming on mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, Amazon and more.
This two-day program will focus on the nuts and bolts of great game design and successful business strategies specifically tailored to popular smartphones & tablets. We’re always seeking great talks from both new and established speakers, and being a GDC speaker is a great experience: the week-long conference continues to be the world’s largest and longest-running event serving professionals dedicated to the art and science of making games.
With all that in mind, GDC organizers are soliciting the following topics for the 2017 Mobile Summit program:
- Ways to foster innovation as the market matures, once new games become dominant brands, and powerful brands enter from other arenas.
- Postmortems on the launch of new mobile games, or postmortems on major updates to existing mobile games.
- Variances in business models when launching titles across multiple territories.
- Improving player experience and revenue performance via skillful integration of monetization elements into the game design.
- Strategies for releasing mobile games cross-platform with non-mobile platforms
- Authentic social and viral engagement techniques for mobile games
- User acquisition best practices.
- The Year in Mobile Games: What games are the most fun, what games are bringing in the most revenue, and why?
- Mobile game launch best practices.
- Pros & Cons: Staying Independent vs. Working with a Publisher or Partner.
- How to make your app successful in a global marketplace.
- Can paid apps survive in an ecosystem dominated by F2P?
- Best practices to keep a community of loyal players in your game.
- UX and UI design best practices and tips for touchscreens.
- Native game design and mechanics for mobile devices.
- Keeping your players hooked – how to be sticky in a low-attention-span world, taking into account designing for short, interruptible play sessions.
- Crossing over: designing a mobile game that succeed on Steam, or best practices for porting a game to mobile.
- Trends in mobile tech- what should you keep an eye on?
- The rise of game design for nontraditional gaming audiences.
- How to optimize your use of ad networks for maximum revenue and flexibility.
GDC 2017 takes place Monday, February 27 to Friday, March 3, 2017 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, California, and will once again host thousands of game developers from all around the world for a week of learning, networking and inspiration.
For more details on the submission process, please visit the GDC website.
Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Americas