The 2016 Game Developers Conference is next week, and today show organizers want to let you know about the brave developers who will be participating in the all-new GDC Pitch event at GDC Play this year.
The perennially popular GDC Play will once again showcase some of the most interesting emerging/independent developers and their games, and the new GDC Pitch part will help select GDC Play exhibitors hone their pitching skills in front of a panel of expert judges — as well as a live audience!
GDC Pitch will be hosted by Jason Della Rocca of investment platform Execution Labs next Wednesday and Thursday, March 16th and 17th, during GDC 2016. The 10 selected teams (listed below) will each be offered pitch prep and training, then get 5 minutes to pitch, followed by questions, advice, and feedback from the judges.
The judges will declare a “Best Pitch” on each day, and award each a complimentary All Access pass to GDC 2017 next year.
Without further ado, here’s the list of challengers for GDC Pitch this year:
Wednesday, March 16th – 12:30 to 1:30 PM
- COFA Games (Awakening of Heroes)
- Zing Games (Zombie Rollerz)
- CtrlMovie (Late Shift – Your Decisions Are You)
- Agens Games (Skate Lines)
- Apelab (Sequenced)
Thursday, March 17th – 12:45 to 1:45 PM
- Phantom Compass (Auto Age: Standoff)
- Hyper Games (Redux)
- Alawar Entertainment (Goliath)
- Rocket 5 Studios (Kitty Disastrous)
- Antagonist (Through the Woods)
As you can see, each of these events is expected to run about an hour and will take place at the Career Center Theater in the North Hall of San Francisco’s Moscone Convention Center. They’ll be evaluated by the following panel of expert judges:
- Lance James (Versus Evil)
- David Gardner (London Venture Partners )
- Keith Katz (Execution Labs)
- Andrew Parsons (Devolver Digital)
- Sunny Dhillon (Signia Venture Partners)
- Fredrik Wester (Paradox Interactive)
It promises to be an engaging high-energy competition, so as you’re planning out your conference schedule via the online GDC 2016 Session Scheduler consider leaving time to swing by and check it out!
GDC 2016 itself will take place March 14-18th at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information on GDC 2016, visit the show’s official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.
Gamasutra and GDC are sibling organizations under parent UBM Tech.