All who plan to record video footage at GDC must adhere to the following policies.
In order to film at the Moscone Convention Center, you are required to hire labor from Local 16 IATSE, per the below:
- A Local 16 technician will be required for every operating position within a film or video production. Coverage for each member of a crew will need to be one to one for each technical position.
- Local 16 labor can be contracted through Event Technology Services (ETS).
- A broadcast fee may apply if the intention of the video recording is for mass broadcast or webcast - including social media posts, on-demand video and web streaming. Billing is performed by ETS.
- Please check back for ETS contact information.
The only exception to the union labor requirement above is if all three of the below points are true:
- Your equipment is battery-operated; you CANNOT plug into the Moscone Center’s power
- You are a legitimate news media outlet and carry valid press credentials provided by the GDC press office
- Your only intention is to gather film clips to accompany news coverage about the GDC; clips must follow the guidelines listed below.
- Permission must be authorized for filming onsite by conference management or the GDC public relations representative fortyseven communications. Please obtain a sticker for your badge from a fortyseven representative in the press room which will indicate that you have been approved.
- Audio and/or video recording of conference sessions is strictly prohibited.
- Requests for interviews with conference management must be facilitated through fortyseven communications. Please proceed to the press room for assistance or email [email protected].
Please note that any press or attendees found violating these guidelines will be asked to leave the event. Conference Associates staffing each session will be monitoring recording activity.